The latest Assassin’s Creed Valhalla update patch notes offer a glimpse at what is changing today and what is being planned for the Dawn of Ragnarok DLC.
Assassin’s Creed update 1.5 is doing more than just fixing bugs and adding fresh features to the hit action RPG this week.
Today’s AC Valhalla update preps the game for the Dawn of Ragnarok, dipping into the world of folklore and magic, and adding new ways to play.
Ubisoft has confirmed plenty in its latest patch notes, and when to expect the new Assassin’s Creed Valhalla update to drop.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Update 1.5 Ragnarok News
Ubisoft’s official patch notes confirm all the big bug fixes contained in update 1.5 but also provide plenty on what’s coming next. A lot of the juiciest details are saved for the Dawn of Ragnorak, with the notes confirming that Eivor will embrace their destiny as Odin, the Norse god of Battle and Wisdom.
This will mean unleashing new divine powers during your quest in the world of Svartalfheim, including shape-shifting into a raven for spectacular assassinations or resurrecting your defeated foes to fight on your side. Ubisoft has also confirmed that new players can start the expansion at any time from the main menu with a player boost, placing you at Level 340 with a predefined selection of gear and weapons.
Ubisoft Patch Notes
- AI reaction to whistle improved.
- Players get detected by enemies when using environmental traps.
- Wild animals detecting Eivor regardless of distance/angle and alerting nearby NPCs.
- NPCs disengaging from conflicts extremely quickly.
- Enemy detection cones reducing when using a bow.
- Monks having difficulty to leave the music crowd stations in the quest Taken (Kidnap Estrid).
- Added a Saga Difficulty Mode: Write your own Viking Saga without having to worry about the challenges of stealth and combat.Combat: Enemies inflict less damage and don’t scale with players.
- Stealth: More time allowed to perform actions when being detected (assassinating, shooting, disengaging, etc.).
- Added new combat settings.Damage Eivor Takes
- Eivor Damage Output
- Ration Healing Ratio
- Adrenaline Regeneration
- Enemy Health Modifier
- Added support for more controllers on PC (Nintendo Switch Pro & Stadia).
- Dag is not present near the longhouse making it impossible to complete A Brewing Storm.
- Cannot progress The Prodigal Prince as the assassination prompts are not showing up during the training sequence.
- Cannot collect the Offchurch Key during the Tilting the Balance quest.
- Cannot assassinate Gorm in Hunter of Beasts.
- Missing quest marker in Closing the Vault after following Ljufvina.
- Unable to complete The Forge and the Flame quest as a cutscene would not be triggered.
- Unable to complete Pilgrimage to St. Albanes as players cannot interact with Fulke.
- Unable to kill the Pict Chief during the quest Old Friends.
- Unable to proceed in Road to Hamartia as Beonton the dog is stuck.
- Unable to interact with Ivarr during King Killer.
- Unable to complete A Feast to Remember after defeating Suttungr.
- Unable to proceed in Abbots Gambit with the objective Find Fulke and Sigurd.
- Unable to complete This Son of Jorvik as Faravid does not get on his horse.
- Old Wounds cannot be completed as Rollo is stuck outside his camp.
- Guards are stuck in the brothel in Old Wounds.
- Cannot complete King of Shitsby World Event due to NPC spawning outside of the church.
- Deviled Water world event cannot be completed as NPC is stuck in the river.
- Haunting of Neist Point and The Drink of the Picts world events cannot be completed if a meditation is performed during the Dialogue Scene.
- The NPC does not show up in the camp in the World Event The Twit Saga Part 2.
- The Siege of Paris: Siegfried does not move in Warlord of Melun.
- Wrath of the Druids: Barid and Ciara will not go to the coronation for Flann over Ireland.
- A Fated Encounter does not update upon completing A Wise Friend and building Valka’s Hut.
- The Temple could be opened by throwing a fire pot at the door in What Dream May Come.
- What Dreams May Come quest does not update after exploring the Cave of Gold if the objective is reached after entering a conflict state.
- Enemy villagers can be found again at the light puzzle in the Cave of Gold after completing What Dreams May Come.
- Two of the five shards remain marked on the map upon collecting them in Counting Sheep.
- Kassandra’s voice does not match in a segment of the Dialogue Scene in Night and Day.
- Unable to progress in A Challenge From the Gods after the first cutscene.
- Enemies are not highlighted when using Odin Sight in Odin Mine Hideout.
- Goliath NPC can throw the boar outside of the arena making it impossible to complete the Outpost Fight Challenge.
- NPC fall to their death in Lolingestone bandit camp.
Graphic And Animation
- Meteorites not being spawned in England.
- Store items disappearing from the inventory or not being visible on Eivor.
- Smoke Bombs not exploding when returned to the enemy with the missile reversal skill.
- Instances of misplaced or floating objects or textures.
- Numerous clipping issues.
- Numerous graphics, texture, animation, or lighting issues.
- Various issues with missing SFX.
- Numerous Menu Narration issues.
In other news, Pokemon GO: Is Litten Shiny? Spotlight Hour Rewards, Time & Bonuses